incredible ...

We don't realize how dependent on Christ we really are... After seeing the video mentioned in my blog... I feel sooo incredibly grateful to Him for being my Abba Father. There was a time in my life that I only saw a father as one who tolerated me... put up with me. It took many years of retraining my mind to see that this father ... My Abba ... is different. He is my Hero. See He sent Christ to die for everyone of us... to rescue us from impending doom... to save us from ourselves. There was no way I could have done for myself what He did for me. I am the young man in the wheel chair and God is the Father who wheels me through this race.
Hebrews 12 ... let us run the race set before us... the race through this world ... trying to help others see Christ and give their lives to Him~trying to overcome hurts we have experienced. He is the Author and Finisher of this race... who for the JOY set before Him endured the cross... WOW... He endured the pain of crucifixion because He knew we could not save ourselves. This week is VBS @ Seacoast Greensboro... and probably throughout the summer many churches will also host a week of being wheeled around in a chair called "our limitations" by the Father so others can know Him. What a precious beautiful thing it is when one more person sees Him as He is... a loving daddy whose goal is to bring us to Himself. My prayer is that each child ... each adult would experience His tender love in Jesus .. in the flesh... and that is us. We are His flesh...His hand extended... an old phrase with rich meaning. We Are Not perfect by any means... no church is .... but Christ is perfect... and He desires to use those of us who know Him to help those who don't know Him ... can we help them to know Him? There are so many ways to reach out to people...a friendly smile ... taking care of kids ... encouraging fellow believers to not give up... standing behind our pastor and his family... I want to remember that my limitations and imperfections are NOT my biggest hindrance in life...my biggest hindrance would be resisting HIM who loves me more than the dad in that video....NOW THAT IS LOVE.

1 comment:

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Cathy,

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed your site.

Blessings to you!

Followers

Powered By Blogger

HE IS MINE

Cat's Place

My place to journal my thoughts... muse my dreams ... and just be me.

About Me

My photo
My husband Bruce and I have been married for almost 5 years. We recently moved to NC. We have 3 cats Bucky and Molly and Gracie.

Fall

Fall
I need an afternoon just admiring beautiful Fall...I miss the Hudson Valley

Blog Archive