On His Chest

It's been a rough few days! Dealing with not being heard can make me crazy...make me lose my temper. I hate losing my temper...but it happens to the best of us I am sure. I have been feeling extrememly down over this inner struggle that rears its ugly head from time to time. I do not want to be in this place. I want to have self control ... remain calm ... stop think and then respond not react. Looks great on paper... OUCH when I try to do it. My husband Bruce seeing how down I was said simply would you like to lay on my chest for awhile.
There are moments when I know without a doubt my Abba my Savior is talking to me loud and clear. Burdened by my sin I laid down on His chest
Laid the weight of my struggle on Him
The punishment that was mine became His
Would you like to spend some time alone with Me for awhile?
There are no words needed just rest. Come to Me because I know you are weary and burdened...Take My yoke on you and learn from Me for I am humble and gentle and you will find rest for your soul for My yoke fits perfectly and the burden I give you is light(Matthew)
What burden does He give us? The burden of simple obedience maybe? The burden to care about the sin that so easily drags us down? He tells us in Phil. 4 not to worry about anything, but pray pray pray about EVERYTHING! Tell Him what you need and then thank Him.
I want a quick fix...be done with the sin that so easily catches me. He says rest...take the load off that you are carrying and take Mine instead. Simplicity: Come to ME...Take the rest I offer...carry a different burden...

I can not fix myself no matter how hard I try...But I can simply come and rest. I can know my triggers...know the warning signs...tired? Take a few minutes to chill before tackling the next task. Better to take a breather than fly off the handle and hurt those you love so incredibly much.
Alright so practical appie time: What I am going to do to MOVE ON!?!
I will write it out here:
I confessed my sin to Him I took responsibility for my actions.
I recognize this struggle is too big for me. If it took Him dying on the cross to redeem me... He knew this was going to need His help.
I come to You now Jesus. I lay down and rest. You know the desire You have placed in my heart to overcome. I recognize that I lost my temper because I did not feel heard. I understand I can not make people HEAR me. I look to You to help me let You change me. Teach me and help me to HEAR what people are saying to me.
Amen.

Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free. No one can hinder him." (A.W. Tozer)

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger

HE IS MINE

Cat's Place

My place to journal my thoughts... muse my dreams ... and just be me.

About Me

My photo
My husband Bruce and I have been married for almost 5 years. We recently moved to NC. We have 3 cats Bucky and Molly and Gracie.

Fall

Fall
I need an afternoon just admiring beautiful Fall...I miss the Hudson Valley

Blog Archive